Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Clever girls are Ugly

"His Mom wants to see your picture".

"No way. Sorry, I don't do pictures"

"She says she won't show him, it's only for her to see."

"She can ask everyone what I look like; height, weight, hair color, eye color, length of nose, promince of cheekbones, whatever she wants. "

"No, that's not good enough. She says her son wants to date a clever girl, and most clever girls are ugly. So she needs to check."

Have you ever?! Intelligent Women of the World, let us unite.

6 comments:

  1. most clever girls are uglyGive me this woman's phone number- I resent that. There are very prejudiced people out there in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was the girl with "a great personality" who was supposed to be ugly. Do Americans really use the term "clever?" I think they would more likely say "smart," which in British usage would connote more a type of hipness or high style than intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, good point Ariella, but I think she did say clever..

    Maybe that's more extreme than smart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the worst of all (next to be called a feminist, of course) is to be labeled "intellectual."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was she serious? Was she trying to get you to say that you're ugly?
    I see that as a no win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oy vey, that's crazy!

    I can't believe people say such things. It's actually humorous!

    ReplyDelete